Trails and Areas
One of our objectives is to protect and extend quality, safer off-road riding opportunities for Western Australian recreational trail bike riders of all ages.
There are always a number of projects on the go relating to improving current areas or getting new areas and trails developed.
- Pilot Trail Bike Trail - RTRA and DEC are collaborating to create a
develop a dedicated trail for trail bikes that establishes and tests a
methodology for planning, design, engineering, rehabilitation,
construction, signage, monitoring, maintenance and evaluation of a
sustainable trail bike trail. This information will then be used as a
model for future trail assessment and development.
- Off- road vehicle land planning - RTRA is participating as a stakeholder in the Department of Environment’s Swan – Collie Land Use Planning Study to identify potential trails and areas for various user segments.
- South-West Supertrail
- Off road vehicle areas - existing
- Off road vehicle areas - proposed - Identify and secure more ORV Areas (metro and regional) – to provide more options for riders of unregistered bikes (including under-aged and quad riders
- Nannup off-road vehicle area
- Local issues
- Myalup / Binningup